Ready to do award-winning work that’s transforming the healthcare system?
We are always looking for bright, committed, and energetic team members with a passion for cutting-edge communications. You can find our latest openings below.
Account Executive – Arlington, VA
- Great opportunity for an eager young professional with 1-2 years of PR/communications experience working in a communications agency, association or government office, preferably with healthcare experience.
- Work directly with firm’s Co-Founders and Managing Director on active accounts in the area of mental health, addiction, health information technology, maternal health, healthcare reform, and Veterans’ health.
- Gain diverse experience in all aspects of communications and advocacy across all channels of earned, paid, social and owned media.
- Growing team looking for a strong culture fit. Fun, hardworking, positive people please apply. Grumpy people, keep searching.
Account Executive responsibilities will include:
- Provide day-to-day project management and communications support to healthcare clients
- Work closely with account lead to support client projects and manage client relationships, including project tracking, client calls, planning meeting participation, note taking, status updates, invoice coordination, budget tracking; client interaction is expected
- Develop and edit high quality content for social media and written materials, including media correspondence, monthly newsletters, bylines, policy briefs, and speaker proposals/abstracts
- Research and provide analysis related to earned and social media; experience with Cision and Sprout Social a plus
- Oversight of media monitoring with rapid response recommendations for clients, including social posts and reporter pitch ideas
- Outreach, develop relationships and coordinate correspondence with external audiences based on project needs such as third-party organizations, healthcare professionals, policymakers, media, etc.
- Support the development of strategic communications plans that shape policy and/or enhance corporate/brand/product positioning
- Begin to conduct proactive outreach to journalists and online influencers to build relationships and place stories
- Assist with new business proposals when directed
- Assist with organizing activities that support the overall CURA culture
- Assist with light design/editing with Adobe Creative Suite
The ideal candidate will be eager to learn and have 1-2 years of public relations/communications experience, preferably in a PR agency. She/he would ideally have worked in the healthcare space on issue-based communications and have basic knowledge of healthcare stakeholders and healthcare reform topics. Candidate must have strong interest in the area of health and wellness. Specific exposure to issues related to mental health, addiction, health information technology, maternal health, and health reform is a plus.
We are looking for a strong cultural fit to add to our fast-growing work family. When hiring an account executive, we are looking for someone with a great attitude and a steadfast work ethic. Strong writing and organizational skills and ability to multi-task is fundamental to succeeding in this position. Consulting life is not for the faint of heart. We work hard for our clients and play hard with the team; sometimes that does not happen between the hours of 9 and 6, so work schedule flexibility is important. Candidate must be detail-oriented with a proactive, innovative and positive attitude toward client service. Candidates should be self-motivated and diligent with a high degree of proactivity and accountability for team-based work.