Ready to do award-winning work that’s transforming the healthcare system?
We are always looking for bright, committed, and energetic team members with a passion for cutting-edge communications. You can find our latest openings below.
Fall 2018 Account Interns – Arlington, VA
CURA Strategies is looking for ambitious self-starters who are ideally able to start the third week of August. Our interns are fully integrated members of our team and are key players in helping us do great work for our incredible clients.
This isn’t a “get our coffee” internship – we want our interns to develop real skills and knowledge. Account interns help with a variety of tasks across several accounts. Our client portfolio includes some of the following: Advocates for Opioid Recovery, Tatia Oden French Memorial Foundation, MDxHealth, and the Children’s Cardiomyopathy Foundation.
- Develop daily media monitoring reports
- Assist with media relations activities, including building media lists and crafting newsworthy pitches
- Assist with client social media efforts including drafting content, creating graphics, and monitoring for engagement opportunities for Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Draft written content, such as newsletters, blog posts, press releases, client presentations, measurement reports
- Attend various events to support clients with either taking notes or supporting live social media efforts
- Assist with administrative tasks, such as preparing for client meetings, weekly team meeting, and other tasks as assigned
Our future intern:
- Has an appetite and drive to always do more
- Is detail-oriented
- Has excellent writing, analytical, and oral skills
- Has a professional demeanor and is a team player
- Works well under pressure in a fast-paced environment – juggling multiple projects at once while meeting deadlines
- Is extremely organized and able to manage time well
- Can approach a project with a can-do mindset, but will ask questions when they’ve exhausted all options
- Has a working knowledge of social media for businesses
- Is proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Bonus points if you have:
- Graphic design experience and working knowledge of Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere)
- Government relations and public affairs experience
Recent grads, graduate students, and rising seniors studying public relations, communications, marketing, journalism, or a related major with an interest in healthcare communications. Prior communications and public relations experience is expected. Strong preference will be given to full-time applicants.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter, along with two writing samples (one short, such as a social media post, and one long, such as a press release) in PDF format to Casey Dillon at firstname.lastname@example.org.