Ready to do award-winning work that’s transforming the healthcare system?
We are always looking for bright, committed, and energetic team members with a passion for cutting-edge communications. You can find our latest openings below.
Account Executive – Arlington, VA
- Great opportunity for an eager young professional with 1-2 years of PR/communications experience working in a communications agency, association or government office, preferably with healthcare experience.
- Work directly with the firm’s Co-Founders and Managing Director on active accounts in the areas of mental health, addiction, health information technology, maternal health, healthcare reform, and Veterans’ health.
- Gain diverse experience in all aspects of communications and advocacy across all channels of earned, paid, social and owned media.
- Growing team looking for a strong culture fit. Fun, hardworking, positive people please apply. Grumpy people, keep searching.
Account Executive responsibilities will include:
- Provide day-to-day project management and communications support to healthcare clients
- Work closely with account lead to support client projects and manage client relationships, including project tracking, client calls, planning meeting participation, note taking, status updates, invoice coordination, budget tracking; client interaction is expected
- Develop and edit high-quality content for social media and written materials, including media correspondence, monthly newsletters, bylines, policy briefs, and speaker proposals/abstracts
- Research and provide analysis related to earned and social media; experience with Cision and Sprout Social a plus
- Oversight of media monitoring with rapid response recommendations for clients, including social posts and reporter pitch ideas
- Outreach, develop relationships and coordinate correspondence with external audiences based on project needs such as third-party organizations, healthcare professionals, policymakers, media, etc.
- Support the development of strategic communications plans that shape policy and/or enhance corporate/brand/product positioning
- Begin to conduct proactive outreach to journalists and online influencers to build relationships and place stories
- Assist with new business proposals when directed
- Assist with organizing activities that support the overall CURA culture
- Assist with light design/editing with Adobe Creative Suite
The ideal candidate will be eager to learn and have 1-2 years of public relations/communications experience, preferably in a PR agency. She/he would ideally have worked in the healthcare space on issue-based communications and have basic knowledge of healthcare stakeholders and healthcare reform topics. Candidate must have a strong interest in health and wellness. Specific exposure to issues related to mental health, addiction, health information technology, maternal health, and health reform is a plus.
We are looking for a strong cultural fit to add to our fast-growing work family. When hiring an account executive, we are looking for someone with a great attitude and a steadfast work ethic. Strong writing and organizational skills and ability to multi-task are fundamental to succeeding in this position. Consulting life is not for the faint of heart. We work hard for our clients and play hard with the team; sometimes that does not happen between the hours of 9 and 6, so work schedule flexibility is important. Candidate must be detail-oriented with a proactive, innovative and positive attitude toward client service. Candidates should be self-motivated and diligent with a high degree of proactivity and accountability for team-based work.
Apply by emailing Thy-Ann Nguyen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CURA Strategies, an integrated strategic communications agency focused on healthcare and wellness, is seeking highly motivated interns for Spring 2019. We specialize in public affairs, cause marketing, corporate communications, and issues management for clients spanning the healthcare industry. This paid internship is open to undergraduates and recent graduates who are interested in pursuing a career in public relations, ideally with a specific interest in healthcare communications.
CURA Strategies is looking for an ambitious, self-starter who is ideally able to start the second week of January. Our interns are fully integrated members of our team and are key players in helping us do great work for our incredible clients.
This isn’t a “get our coffee” internship – we want our interns to develop real skills and knowledge. Account interns help with a variety of tasks across several accounts. Our client portfolio includes some of the following: Advocates for Opioid Recovery, Tatia Oden French Memorial Foundation, MDxHealth, and the Children’s Cardiomyopathy Foundation.
- Develop daily media monitoring reports
- Assist with media relations activities, including building media lists and crafting newsworthy pitches
- Assist with client social media efforts including drafting content, creating graphics, and monitoring for engagement opportunities for Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Draft written content, such as newsletters, blog posts, press releases, client presentations, measurement reports
- Attend various events to support clients with either taking notes or supporting live social media efforts
- Assist with administrative tasks, such as preparing for client meetings, weekly team meeting, and other tasks as assigned
- Other projects and duties as requested, directed or assigned
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Our future intern:
- Has an appetite and drive to always do more
- Is thorough and detail-oriented, particularly with spelling and grammar
- Has excellent writing, analytical, and oral skills
- Has a professional demeanor and is a team player
- Works well under pressure in a fast-paced environment – juggling multiple projects at once while meeting deadlines
- Is extremely organized and able to manage time well
- Can approach a project with a can-do mindset, but will ask questions when they’ve exhausted all options
- Has a working knowledge of social media for business
- Is proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bonus points if you have:
- Graphic design experience and working knowledge of Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere)
- Government relations and public affairs experience
Education and Training
Recent grads, graduate students, and seniors studying public relations, communications, marketing, journalism, or a related major with an interest in healthcare communications. Prior communications and public relations experience is expected. Strong preference will be given to applicants who can work onsite in our Crystal City office 4-5 days per week.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter, along with two writing samples (one short, such as a social media post, and one long, such as a press release) in PDF format to Casey Dillon at email@example.com.