Ready to do award-winning work that’s transforming the healthcare system?
We are always looking for bright, committed, and energetic team members with a passion for cutting-edge communications. You can find our latest openings below.
Account Executive – Arlington, VA
- Great opportunity for an eager young professional with 1-2 years of PR/communications experience working in a communications agency, association or government office, preferably with healthcare experience.
- Work directly with the firm’s Co-Founders and Managing Director on active accounts in the areas of mental health, addiction, health information technology, maternal health, healthcare reform, and Veterans’ health.
- Gain diverse experience in all aspects of communications and advocacy across all channels of earned, paid, social and owned media.
- Growing team looking for a strong culture fit. Fun, hardworking, positive people please apply. Grumpy people, keep searching.
Account Executive responsibilities will include:
- Provide day-to-day project management and communications support to healthcare clients
- Work closely with account lead to support client projects and manage client relationships, including project tracking, client calls, planning meeting participation, note taking, status updates, invoice coordination, budget tracking; client interaction is expected
- Develop and edit high-quality content for social media and written materials, including media correspondence, monthly newsletters, bylines, policy briefs, and speaker proposals/abstracts
- Research and provide analysis related to earned and social media; experience with Cision and Sprout Social a plus
- Oversight of media monitoring with rapid response recommendations for clients, including social posts and reporter pitch ideas
- Outreach, develop relationships and coordinate correspondence with external audiences based on project needs such as third-party organizations, healthcare professionals, policymakers, media, etc.
- Support the development of strategic communications plans that shape policy and/or enhance corporate/brand/product positioning
- Begin to conduct proactive outreach to journalists and online influencers to build relationships and place stories
- Assist with new business proposals when directed
- Assist with organizing activities that support the overall CURA culture
- Assist with light design/editing with Adobe Creative Suite
The ideal candidate will be eager to learn and have 1-2 years of public relations/communications experience, preferably in a PR agency. She/he would ideally have worked in the healthcare space on issue-based communications and have basic knowledge of healthcare stakeholders and healthcare reform topics. Candidate must have a strong interest in health and wellness. Specific exposure to issues related to mental health, addiction, health information technology, maternal health, and health reform is a plus.
We are looking for a strong cultural fit to add to our fast-growing work family. When hiring an account executive, we are looking for someone with a great attitude and a steadfast work ethic. Strong writing and organizational skills and ability to multi-task are fundamental to succeeding in this position. Consulting life is not for the faint of heart. We work hard for our clients and play hard with the team; sometimes that does not happen between the hours of 9 and 6, so work schedule flexibility is important. Candidate must be detail-oriented with a proactive, innovative and positive attitude toward client service. Candidates should be self-motivated and diligent with a high degree of proactivity and accountability for team-based work.
Apply by emailing Thy-Ann Nguyen at firstname.lastname@example.org.