Let’s face it—work takes up a big part of our lives, so it’s important to make it a place worth staying. To kick off National Employee Wellness Month, I wanted to share what keeps my team focused and mentally healthy.
We conducted our first formal employee survey and found that our net promoter score—the likelihood someone would recommend CURA as a great place to work—was 25% higher than the average U.S. PR firm. When we dug into the results, here’s what our team told us sets CURA apart:
- Client work: Our team loves the mission-oriented work we do to advance our clients’ transformational missions
- Transparency: Providing monthly updates on the business operations helps people understand the impact they are making on advancing CURA’s mission
- Coaching: One-on-one weekly coaching sessions with their managers help them see their pathway to professional growth and makes them feel valued
- Time off and flexibility: Unlimited PTO after one year, paid sabbaticals and flexible work schedules give our team time to refresh and recharge
- Culture: When over half of people generate the same word—collaborative—to describe the culture, you know it’s more than the fun social hours and team retreats that are keeping people connected—it’s teamwork
- CURA Cares program: Carving out time to support personal passion projects that give back to the community
The insight I gained after reviewing the team’s survey results showed me that creating a pathway for individual growth, having a collaborative environment and working with mission-oriented clients are key components of creating a positive and healthy workplace. Thank you to our clients for giving us the opportunity to be a part of your heroic journey to help improve health care.