Purchaser Business Group on Health
Driving innovation in health care purchasing and delivery
The Purchaser Business Group on Health (PBGH, formerly Pacific Business Group on Health) empowers their member organizations – both private employers and public agencies alike – to drive improvement throughout the health care system. The nonprofit organization, which represents some of our nation’s largest health care purchasers, sought a communications partner to help position the organization as a leader in working with large employers and public agencies to improve the health care system through market-based, value-based strategies that put patients at the center.
CURA helped PBGH launch three initiatives aimed at convening the nation’s largest employers to drive innovation in our health care system
CURA supported PBGH in the launch of the three different initiatives aimed at convening the nation’s largest employers to drive innovation in our health care system: The Purchaser Value Network, DRIVE Health Initiative and EmployersRx.
The Purchaser Value Network (PVN)
PBGH launched PVN with the goal of creating nationally aligned purchasing strategies among a critical mass of private and public purchasers to drive innovation and the redesign of care delivery. CURA Strategies was engaged to help position PVN as the go-to for best practices and innovation in employer health care purchasing; recruit private and public health care payers and allied stakeholders to engage in alternative payment models; and educate and equip members with resources and guidance on how to implement value-based purchasing. To achieve these goals, CURA executed the following:
- Developed the PVN brand including the visual identity and the tagline, “We Benefit Together”.
- Developed comprehensive messages with supporting proof points on value-based purchasing and the importance of public and private purchasers advancing improvements.
- Promoted the launch of PVN with an announcement and targeted media outreach to trade and beltway media.
- Created the social media strategy through PBGH’s established channels.
- Assisted with copywriting, editing and visual design of a series of toolkits and presentations developed by PVN to train employers around the nation.
- Promoted a co-sponsored event with the American Enterprise Institute and organized post-event content marketing for a congressional audience, including developing a highlights video and one-page event summary and disseminating it to Hill staffers.
The Drive Health Initiative
PBGH partnered with The ERISA Industry Committee (ERIC) to launch the DRIVE Health Initiative, a campaign to accelerate the U.S. system’s transition to value-based health care through targeted deregulation, policy change and evidence-based government health care purchasing strategies. One of the aims of the campaign was to inform policymakers and urge President Trump, Secretary Price and Congress to improve quality and reduce costs by using and promoting value-based purchasing strategies based on practical lessons from private-sector innovations. CURA supported the launch and promotion of the Initiative, including:
- Developing the name, branding strategy and key messages
- Designed, built and launched the initiative’s website in three weeks
- Developed the policy recommendation blueprint which serves as the call to action for the campaign
- Promoted the launch through earned and social media and developed the social media strategy and content for PBGH, ERIC and their members and allied partners
- Distributed alerts and announcements to reach PBGH members as well as the Hill and Administration
PBGH joined ERIC and the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions (National Alliance) in launching the Employers’ Prescription for Affordable Drugs (EmployersRx), a coalition that unites employers in advocacy for policies that will address our nation’s biggest health care challenge – the high cost of prescription drugs.
CURA named the campaign, developed all brand and messaging, created the campaign website and launched the coalition in less than 30 days. CURA served as the operational arm, managed all coalition meetings and developed coalition communications toolkits for members. We also helped track government activity and provided strategic counsel and execution to advance the policy objectives of advancing market-based healthcare, patient protections and price transparency.
views of the highlights video of a PVN event at the America Enterprise Institute
social media engagements and over 67K impressions from #DRIVEHealth posts in a span of five months
Secured articles, op-eds and leadership quotes related to the DRIVE Health Initiative in top tier and policy outlets, including Wall Street Journal, The Hill, Harvard Business Review, Bloomberg BNA and Health Affairs
Secured an in-depth article on EmployersRx in STAT News
Best Print Publication, Honorable Mention, for PVN’s Employer Action Guide for High Value Maternity Care
Strategy Development & Execution
- Integrated communications strategy development & planning
- Campaign development & management
- Coalition building
- Thought leadership positioning and training
- Positioning and Research
Communications & Public Relations
- Media relations
- Op-ed drafting and placement
- Social media
- Website development support
- Digital Marketing
Government Relations & Public Affairs
- Legislative issue analysis and prioritization
- Congressional and Legislative Monitoring
- Advocacy platform development and management
- Hill briefing in person coordination
Creative & Branding
- Branding & messaging
- Graphic design
- Video and Multimedia Production