“From the first settlers who came to our shores […], men and women have worked together to build this nation. Too often the women were unsung and sometimes their contributions went unnoticed. But the achievements, leadership, courage, strength, and love of the women who built America was as vital as that of the men whose names we know so well.” – President Jimmy Carter
In honor of Women’s History Month, CURA Strategies, which is proudly a woman-owned small business, celebrates all the women in America who have made—and are making— an impact on our country’s history. From those just starting their careers to those who are veterans in their field, we know that personal success is often built on the mentorship and support of others in our community.
To that end, CURA Cares, our philanthropic arm, is celebrating this month by holding a clothing drive for Dress For Success DC— a local organization dedicated to empowering women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and the development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.
We are currently collecting dry-cleaned, gently used women’s professional attire, including:
Interview appropriate suits:
- Dressy khakis and solid polo shirts
Work appropriate dress shoes (no sandals)
Dress for Success Washington, DC’s greatest donation needs are:
- Women’s business appropriate plus-size clothing (18 and above) or sizes 00-6
- Shoes sized 9 ½ and above-especially flats and wide shoes
- Monetary donations are always gladly accepted
We do not accept:
- Jeans/denim, non-professional clothing, party dresses, sandals
- Men’s or children’s clothing
- Clothing that is stained or torn
- Clothing in bags or boxes or more than 3 years old.
Please make donations by March 30th.
To coordinate your donation drop-off, contact Michael Lisowski, [email protected].
Download our flyer for more information.