CURA Strategies is looking for an ambitious self-starter who is available to begin in June 2021. Our paid interns are fully integrated members of our team and key players in helping us do great work for our incredible clients.
This isn’t a “get our coffee” internship—we want our interns to develop real skills and knowledge. Interns will help with a variety of tasks across several accounts. The following is a small sample of our client portfolio: Advocates for Opioid Recovery, American College of Cardiology, BHG, CareDx and MDxHealth.
This is a paid position of $14/hour. On limited cases, we have adjusted this for graduate students with more extensive experience. Due to COVID-19, interns have the option to carry out the internship remotely.
- Develop daily media monitoring reports
- Assist with media relations activities, including building media lists and crafting newsworthy pitches
- Assist with client social media efforts, including drafting content, creating graphics, and monitoring for engagement opportunities for Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Draft written content, such as newsletters, blog posts, press releases, client presentations and measurement reports
- Provide support for various virtual client events
- Attend and capture action items from internal and client meetings/conference calls
- Participate in new business brainstorms and research
- Other projects and duties as requested, directed or assigned
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Our future intern:
- Has an appetite and drive to always do more
- Is thorough and detail-oriented, particularly with spelling and grammar
- Has excellent writing, analytical and oral skills
- Has a professional demeanor and is a team player
- Works well under pressure in a fast-paced environment—juggling multiple projects at once while meeting deadlines
- Is extremely organized and able to manage time well
- Can approach a project with a can-do mindset, but will ask questions when they’ve exhausted all options
- Has a working knowledge of social media for business
- Is proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Bonus points if you have:
- Graphic design experience and working knowledge of Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere)
- Video editing experience
- Government relations and public affairs experience
Recent grads, graduate students and undergraduate junior and seniors studying public relations, communications, marketing, journalism or a related major with an interest in healthcare communications. Prior communications and public relations experience is strongly preferred.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter, along with two writing samples (one short, such as a social media post, and one long, such as a press release) in PDF format to Kellsie Brannen at email@example.com.