Our winning proposal offered this concept: Leverage an issue-based campaign to build awareness and loyalty for the CareDx brand and position the company as the leading advocate in the transplant community through the following strategies:
- Uniquely brand the efforts
- Humanize the issue and bring to life the patient perspective through storytelling
- Engage and recruit third parties to validate and support the campaign
- Build and activate a community of advocates
- Serve as the conduit to the community for influencers and media
Within three months, we had identified our issue and launched Honor the Gift, a national patient-centered campaign created and managed by CURA Strategies and supported by a coalition of kidney and transplant organizations. The goal of the campaign is to extend Medicare coverage of immunosuppressive medications for kidney transplant recipients. From legislative strategies to stakeholder engagement and integrated communications, CURA Strategies brought new life into an issue that many in the community had deprioritized due to nearly two decades of failed attempts at addressing the issue.