IgA Nephropathy Foundation
Ensuring that IgA Nephropathy patients don’t feel alone
The IgA Nephropathy Foundation, a volunteer-led nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting patients with a rare kidney disease called IgA Nephropathy, received an influx of funding in the fall of 2021 due to multiple drugs in the pipeline for the condition. The Foundation needed a partner to help their small team execute extensive communications initiatives sponsored by their pharma partners.
CURA served as an extension of the team in executing and scaling the Foundation’s communications capacity.
Working closely with the Foundation’s leadership team, CURA developed and is currently implementing a robust communications strategy that includes:
- Increasing the organization’s membership through a robust email marketing campaign and targeted Facebook ads
- Helping the organization establish and promote their first-ever medical and scientific advisory board and ambassador program
- Launching a landing page, IgAN risk quiz and stakeholder engagement strategy aimed at reaching East and South Asian populations, which are disproportionately impacted by IgA Nephropathy
- Supporting the organization’s first in-person patient conference, SPARK 2022 – the world’s only conference dedicated to the IgA Nephropathy patient community and the latest resources and research on the rare kidney condition.
- Supporting the launch of the world’s first IgA Nephropathy Awareness Day on May 14th with three website landing pages tailored to different audiences—patients, health care providers and the general public—three videos, and several state and federal proclamations recognizing the day. IgA Nephropathy Awareness Day was also featured in a Fierce Pharma article, in 170+ social media posts garnering about 3,150 engagements, and in three organizations’ email newsletters and member forums.
new members – an 83% increase in six months
total new followers across all social media platforms
IgAn risk quiz completions
attendees at sold-out SPARK 2022 event
unique page views of IgAN Awareness Day landing pages in under 2 months
Creative & Branding
- Graphic design
- Material and asset development
- Website development
- Video production
Strategy Development & Executive
- Stakeholder prioritization and engagement
- Patient engagement
Communications & Public Relations
- Social media
- Earned media
- Paid digital media
- Email marketing
- Virtual event support