Our strategy centered on connecting nasal hygiene with hand hygiene, an already well-known practice among the public to prevent the spread of germs and infection. Our key message: sanitizing the nose is the other half of prevention, and there are products formulated and clinically proven to kill germs in the nose. CURA developed and successfully launched a consumer education campaign, including:
- Created the campaign brand and messaging, including the name, logo, tagline and color scheme, that associated sanitizing the nose as an additional shield of protection
- Developed a consumer-facing microsite and campaign content, including fact sheets, social media graphics, animated videos media graphics
- Leveraged clinical experts to create an advisory board comprised of infection prevention experts and medical professionals
- Conducted a national poll to measure awareness of nasal sanitization
- Launched the campaign with a multifaceted earned, paid and social media blitz, including a mat release, national satellite media tour, and a three-week-long Facebook ad campaign.