Sanitize Your Nose
Advancing an under-recognized infection prevention practice
While attention on hand hygiene was heightened due to a global pandemic, Global Life Technologies Corp., manufacturer of Nozin® Nasal Sanitizer® antiseptic, sought to increase public awareness of the significant and underrecognized role of the nose in spreading infection. The company approached CURA Strategies to build and launch an awareness campaign that educated the public on the role the nose plays in spreading germs and the importance of nasal sanitization in protecting oneself and others from illness.
In 2020, CURA Strategies successfully launched a consumer education campaign called Sanitize Your Nose.
By connecting nasal hygiene with hand hygiene, an already well-known practice among the public to prevent the spread of germs and infection, CURA Strategies successfully launched a consumer education campaign called Sanitize Your Nose. The goal of the campaign was to educate consumers on why sanitizing the nose is an important part of infection prevention along with washing the hands.
To help Global Life Technologies Corp. achieve their goals, CURA engaged with the company to launch a consumer education campaign, which included implementing the following strategies:
- Created the campaign brand and messaging, including the name, logo, tagline and color scheme, that associated sanitizing the nose as an additional shield of protection
- Developed a consumer-facing microsite and campaign content, including fact sheets, social media graphics, animated videos media graphics
- Leveraged clinical experts to create an advisory board comprised of infection prevention experts and medical professionals
- Conducted a national poll to measure awareness of nasal sanitization
- Launched the campaign with a multifaceted earned, paid and social media blitz, including a mat release, national satellite media tour, and a three-week-long Facebook ad campaign.
page views in the first three weeks of the campaign
broadcast airings placed in regional news markets, garnering approximately 2 million views/listeners
Communications & Public Relations
- Media relations
- Social media
- Op-ed drafting and placement
- Website development
- Paid digital media
- Virtual event support
Strategy Development & Execution
- Integrated communications strategy development and planning
- Campaign development and management
- Stakeholder engagement
Creative & Branding
- Branding and messaging
- Graphic design
- Video and multimedia production
- Material and asset development